Tuesday, October 27, 2009
The latest thing I learn on My Ubuntu 8.10
OK so over the last few days I've done some stuff to my Ubuntu that have taught me a few things I'll list and explain two:
1. Broken dependencies
OK I downloaded Firefox 3.6 and tried to install it but I got a dependency issue and then went on to get the debs for that lib only to damage my system.
What happened - I had to uninstall Firefox 2.X that I had on my system and some other stuff.
Now - Well i used Opera for 2 weeks and then returned to Firefox the 3.6 version now its quiet easy to use that thing and pin-ing to the applications-internet menu was also easy.
1. Open a terminal and type sudo -s then enter your password.
2. Extract this http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-3.5.3&os=linux&lang=en-GB to your home folder.
3. Go to the application thing and right click it and select 'edit menu'
4. Select internet and click add.
5. Click on the picture and choose you favorite picture either from the shown icons or you can click browse.
6. Save that.
7. Type a name like Firefox and then on command select browse and then got to that Firefox file you extracted and select the file named Firefox.
8. Save that and DONE!!!